Saturday 2 August 2008

Visits to US school

I've been back in Australia for 5 weeks and I am finally able to begin to consolidate all the learning I have done whilst on my study tour to the US and Canada. The focus of the tour was technology and its ability to impact on student learning.

The trip allowed me to visit a number of schools, departments of educations as well as a number of universities and talk with researchers, practitioners and administrators.

Some initial conclusions:

* Creativity is the key. It's where our students should be heading;

* Good teachers are good learners;

* Technology does not make bad teaching practice magically turn into good teaching practice.


I now need to write a report for the DET and Microsoft Corp. I will post the link to the final copy once it is complete.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have so much to tell about your time away and I love the three reflective points that you have summarized the journey with. Hope you share more with us.

10:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your report. What a wonderful experience for you.

10:46 pm  
Blogger mhobkirk said...

I would love to hear more as well. Interesting that you came here to learn about Technology Integration.

I spent a year teaching in Melbourne, and felt I learned more there than here in the US. I think it is about stepping out of your comfort zone, so you can really take an objective look at things.

11:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I could not agree more with your conclusions! I hope that you will share some of the wonderful things that you observed happening in the US and Canada.

* Heidi

http://hpence.blogspot.com

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading the report!

3:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home