Wednesday 23 April 2008

Alameda Community Learning Centre

In my search for a real environment where students are truly self regulating their behaviour I stumbled across this video about the Alameda Community Learning Centre. There is a series of 5 videos on You Tube about this learning centre.

I truly believe these are the sort of schools we should be creating. Let's break down the barriers. Let's focus on learning and not on school as a structure.

Let's nurture life long learning!

TEACHING is DEAD!
LONG LIVE LEARNING!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Georgia. I had no idea schools like this existed.

I have just started reading "Redefining Literacy for the 21st Century" by David Warlick and this school comes close to a fictional story he tells about a future school.

This video reminded me of D. Warlick's story.

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home